9/14/12

Roasted Peach Lemonade Smoothie



That's a mouthful to say, but it's a SCRUMPTIOUS mouthful! This is an interestingly unique drink; definitely an autumn-y smoothie, ideal for gazing out at the growing shadows and the last sunny rays of summer.

Roasting/baking fruit helps bring out a more intense flavor, especially for fruit that's teetering on the brink of going bad.

I have my somewhat-softened white peaches here, cut in halves and pitted exactly like preparing an avocado.


I dusted the tops with white sugar. I'm sure brown sugar would be just as delicious!



Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and roast! Almost immediately the kitchen will be perfumed with a peachy, honeyed aroma. Roast for 20-25 minutes.


Meanwhile, if you don't have pre-made lemonade on hand, you can take the time to mix your own lemonade. Choose from either lemon juice or lemonade packets or even real lemons...


Or in my case, leftover frozen lemon juice! That should be titled "cube mass" since I had to smash it on the floor to break it up.


Then it's time to play scientist with the blender. Tinker around with your lemonade supplies and sugar, taste accordingly, keep adding water, and eventually you'll get to your perfect mixture.

Here are my lemonade cubes with water and sugar.


And after much experimenting, I have my homemade lemonade -- yay!


Your peaches are ready. The pits have filled with their naturally sweet, syrupy nectar and they smell dangerously like pie! They've also faded to a pretty fall color similar to potpourri. 


I don't mind the peach skins, so I blended them whole. You can spoon out the flesh if you don't care for skin in your smoothie. Blend peaches with just a small amount of lemonade, then stir the puree with the rest of the lemonade.


Your finished smoothie will have a deliciously tart but pleasantly sweet flavor! Peaches and lemonade make an interesting pair. This may not appeal to some folks, but I actually enjoyed this smoothie warm since I didn't ice it after pureeing the piping-hot peaches. 


All finished.

Enjoy~!

No comments:

Post a Comment